Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ice Cream Sundae Cupcakes

Today I thought I would share with you the Ice Cream Sundae Cupcakes I made for my daughters teachers for teacher appreciation week :)
I got the idea from here. Great website with awesome ideas and free printables, you should totally check it out!
I did't take alot of pictures for this process. Usually I do, but not sure why I didn't this time :(

Ice Cream Sundae Cupcakes!

What you need:
Your favorite box cake mix and ingredients
Frosting (see recipe)
Chocolate candy melts
Sprinkles
Red gumballs for cherry
Small ice cream cups
Plastic or wooden spoons

Make up your cupcakes however you do them best! I found my ice cream cups at Michaels. Add one cupcake in each cup.
Make the frosting.

How to make the frosting:
2 sticks butter
4 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons milk
a few drops of ivory gel food color

1. In a bowl of a mixer, mix butter, vanilla and milk until well blended and smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar and mix on low until combined. Increase speed to medium and beat for a minute or two, until fully combined and fluffy.  Place frosting in fridge for about an hour. 
2.  Remove frosting from fridge and spoon it onto the cupcakes. It will actually scoop out like ice cream!
3. Melt the chocolate candy and dribble on top of frosting, add sprinkles and your gumball on top!

Enjoy!

My daughters teachers loved them and thought they were adorable!! Great gift for them to appreciate what they do in the classroom.



1 comments:

Carolee Hollenback said...

lol- those look delicious. Wish I hadn't read this on an empty belly :-)

I found you via CafeMom....a little birdie told me you were looking for followers...

Have you checked out The Blogging Buddies Social Network?

You can create a profile, and add your blog, Twitter and Facebook links in the appropriate groups.

We also have featured members each week, which are promoted on 2 twitter and facebook accounts, and on the site itself.


If you want, you can go to the Get visitors page and request to join a dedicated group. These groups have up to 10 bloggers that visit each others blogs and leave comments.

You may even be my next guest on my radio show, Get Bizzy Blogging.

Hope to see you there!

Carolee
Come on home - mom blog
Working at home advice

Post a Comment